About Me

Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka - Self Portrait
Self Portrait by Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka.

Aspiring amateur experimental photographer and more ....

I started taking photographs when I was seven with my dad’s camera. Back then it was just for festivals and some special occasion. After SLC I did travel alone with my dad’s camera for a while and did take my photography skill a bit far than what I was doing but still I was not feeling good about what I was doing. In 2005, I got digital camera as a birthday gift and then there was no looking back. I started taking lots of photograph and also start doing many experiments with my photography skill. But there was always a question in my mind, what I will do with all my photographs, and the answer was the mission to put 100 thousand photographs online and to put ten group photography exhibitions, that was self assignments. This year I will be done with the group exhibition, but the 100 thousand photographs to put online the project is still going on. Beside this I also run a blog to promote photography activity in Nepal by NEPALPHOTOGRAPHY.org.

I do not have any formal education in photography, I’m self learner and there are many things that I still have to learn about photography and I am doing that day by day.

Awards:
* 2nd Annual WCN Nature and Wildlife Photography Competition, Top Ten Winners. (2006)
* 3rd Annual WCN Nature and Wildlife Photography Competition, Semi Finalists. (2007)
* Foto Fight, Photojournalist Category Winner. (2007)
* 4th Annual WCN Nature and Wildlife Photography Competition, Macro Category Winner. (2008)
* 6th Annual WCN Nature and Wildlife Photography Competition, Semi Finalists. (2011)


Printed work on following newsletter, daily newspapers:
* WCN Newsletter
* The Himalayan Times
* Malaysian Views
* Republica
* Karobar

Book:
* Hamra Hajurama: Our Grandmothers by photo.circle
* Here and there, life is everywhere by Pen and Paper Publication (On process)
 
Visitor Count from 17th April 2009:
:: 2005 - 2014 © Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka ::